Tuesday, April 8, 2014

SBTB 03.13 - The Wicked Stepbrother, Part 1

Say hello to the fastest trolling ever in SBTB history:
She didn't even wait to make us look for her. Opening credits - Molly the Troll. Well, now that that's out of the way I guess we can proceed.

Have you seen this guy before?
Joshua Hoffman
I ask because I swear that I've seen him before. This is Joshua Hoffman and he plays the terrible Eric Tramer. I have scoured the interwebs for any information on him outside of his scant early-90s appearances but I cannot find anything that would make me go: "Bingo! That's how I know him!" Nothing. I'm beginning to think that I only know Joshua Hoffman from this story in this one show. Maybe. But doesn't he seem like an underbitten, sleazy Mark Ruffalo?

Totally, if underbitten and sleazy.

The other guest star in this episode is Bernie Hiller who plays teacher Mr. Sachs.
Bernie Hiller
This guy is another in-and-out of Hollywood jobber and I am not going to go into detail about how dull his career has been. I will note, however, that he seems to be a legitimate Jewish man, as he has taught Yiddish to actors on sets of movies. Cool.

Speaking of the Jews, how exploitative is Zack in this episode? He uses a sacred Jewish holiday to skip school and selfishly attend a baseball game. He also hawks a special symbol of that noble people and uses it as a joke, substituting the Menorah for the "idea lightbulb."
For being a minority - remember, Zack is part Native American - he sure is insensitive.

Finally: Hey Dustin Diamond! Shut up!
Look at Screech playing it off like it ain't no thang. It should totally be a thang.

Feel free to share what stood out to you in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. Joshua HOFFMAN WHAT A HUNK HE IS MMMMMMEXTRA GOOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was SBTB most kick ass episode. It's always fun to rewatch and they should have done more with the character Eric Tramer. He really got under everybody's skin( with the exception of Kelly) especially Zack and Slater Bayside's coolest duo. Whatever schemes Zack and Slater thought off he outdid them. He had them beaten had he not turned into a nice guy by the end of the episode. Josh Hoffman knows how to act. Best guest star on the show by far. I also noticed Eddie Griffin is in this episode (a very funny comedian who also played in one of my favorite comedies Deuce Bigalow). That had to be him.

    ReplyDelete